how early do i need to arrive at the airport
Flying out on thanksgiving eve at 11pm aeromexico - H [more]DW 11/18/2018
Eug Alaska Air to PDX Southwest Airlines
How far are the two terminals from one another ? How [more]Mag 11/12/2018
What time does TSA open Sunday morning? We have a 5: [more]Corinne 10/26/2018
Minimum # days in lonterm parking lot? Do I need a reservation?
I need longterm parking services for approx36-40 hour [more]VL 10/07/2018
PDX Airport, located on Airport Road, off Interstate Hwy 205, and a half-hour drive from downtown Portland, is also accessible by the MAX light rail service connecting it to downtown Portland in under 40 minutes. Over-the-roadway signs advise passengers of traffic congestion, parking availability & important announcements.
With three runways and 18.4 million passengers in 2016, Portland International Airport is hub to Alaska Airlines, and is served by major airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- Starting Aug. 18, 2017, Alaska Airline offers daily flights to Albuquerque.
- Starting Aug. 30, 2017, Alaska Airline offers daily flights to Detroit
- Starting Nov. 6, 2017, Alaska Airline offers daily flights to New York's JFK
Portland International Airport has one large passenger terminal with Concourses A - E. (For detailed terminal information open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for Parking information open 'Parking Map'; for transportation open 'Transportation: Buses /Trains'.
Current Arlines with tel. numbers, Ticket Counters (east TCE, center TCC, west TCW) & Concourses:
Air Canada, 888-247-2262; at TCC, Conc. D;
Alaska, 800-252-7522; at TCW, Conc. A, B, C;
American, 800-433-7300; at TCC, Conc. C;
Boutique Air, 8855-268-8478, at ? ;
Condor, 866-960-7915, at TCE, Conc. D;
Delta, 800-221-1212, at TCE, Conc. D;
Frontier, 800-432-1359, at TCE, Conc. D;
Hawaiian, 800-367-5320, at TCE, Conc. D;
Icelandair, 800-223-5500, at TCE, Conc. D;
JetBlue, 800-538-2583, at TCC, Conc. C;
PenAir, 800-448-4226, at TCW, Conc. B;
Southwest, 800-435-9792, at TCC, Conc. C;
Spirit, 801-41-2200, at TCW, Conc. D;
SunCountry, 800-359-6786, at TCW, Conc.?;
United, 800-864-8331, at TCC, Conc. E;
Virgin America, 877-359-8474, at TCE, Conc. D
Volaris, 8660988-3527, at TCW, Conc. D
Present and future Airport developments: Under the 'PDXNext' $248M project between 2015 and 2020, the following projects have either been completed, or are ongoing:
A. Work completed: New carpeting, Federal Inspection Station remodeling; Security upgrades & expansion; and Concourse D's heating and Air Conditon replacement.
B. Work ongoing:
- New shops /restaurants - up to Nov. 2017;
- Terminal 'Balancing', Concourse E Extension & Airline relocation) - up to mid-2020: Efforts are to balance passenger numbers between north & south sides: Concourse E is getting a 700-feet extension and 6 more gates. Thereafter, Southwest Airlines is to move from Concourse C to Concourse E.
- Terminal Core Redevelopment (started in 2015) includes current ticket lobby, Oregon Market, security checkpoints & baggage claim area - and replacement of aging systems & infrastructure. Much of the work has been completed; no final completion date is yet available.