Rapid City is the largest community in Western South Dakota, located in the center of the beautiful Black Hills. Visitors and residents enjoy many outdoor activities including biking, hiking, rock climbing, horseback riding and a wide variety of other sports and activities. National Geographic Adventure Magazine has named Rapid City as one of 50 Next Great Adventure Towns.
RCRA s only 2 miles from the village of Caputa, and only a few miles from Rapid City, in the southwest part of South Dakota - situated off Interstate 90.
With expected 793,000 passengers by year-end 2017, Rapid City Regional Airport is presently served by major airlines offering direct flights to major U.S. hubs, with convenient connections.
NOTE: While the passenger terminal is normally open 4am to midnight (no overnight stays inside the terminal are allowed) - RCRA opens two hours prior to scheduled departures and closes after last airline arrival. The Administrative Office is open 8:30am-4:30pm weekdays only.
- For Airport Information call 605-393-9924.
- It is suggested that you arrive 1.5 to 2 hours prior to your scheduled flight. Most airlines close their ticket counters 45 minute prior to scheduled departure.
- Airline tickets are not sold at the Airport - contact your travel agent or the airline directly.
The passenger terminal at Rapid City Regional - which recently completed its remodel & expansion project - offers three new jet bridges, new ticket counters, new rental car & ticket counters counters, extended security checkpoint, expanded seating in the concourse, added restrooms, as well as improved food & drink & retail concessions, and an extra 12,000 square feet of space. Its large & open space, with restaurants on level 2, has a roof garden with outdoor seating.
The seven airline gates all have jet bridges.
- If you need to page someone, call the Airport Administration Office at (605) 394-4195 during normal business hours.
- For items lost in the terminal call 605-394-4195, ext. 2 during office hours.
Airlines currently serving the terminal:
- Allegiant, tel. 702-505-8888; to Las Vegas - with nonstop service to Las Vegas & Phoenix
- American /American Eagle, tel. 800-433-7300; to Chicago, Dallas Ft. Worth (some flights are seasonal)
- Delta /Delta Connection tel. domestic 1-800-221-1212; international 1-80-241-4141; to Atlanta, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City (some flights are seasonal)
- United, tel. domestic 1-800-241-6522, international 1-800-538-2929; to Denver, Houston, Chicago. (some flights are seasonal)
Transportation: Airport Express Shuttle service operates in the Rapid City/ Black Hills region seven days a week, making pickups at any location in that region. Tel: 1-605-399-9999 or toll-free 1-800-357-9998.