Guest Services at Syracuse Hancock SYR Airport
The Airport is open 24/7and is operated by the City of Syracuse Department of Aviation, tel. (315) 454-3263 (weekdays 8am-5pm); or e-mail email@example.com. (via mail, use the address below..
For general airport information call (315) 454-4330, /fax 8757.
A military courtesy room is available at the G.Harris Military Courtesy Room (tel. 315-455-3440.
Lost & Found
2. If you lost an item inside the Airport, contact the Syracuse Police Department's Airport Division Office located near the 'Discover the Airport' exhibit - or call (315) 454-3263 ext. 276.
Tips for Traveling with Pets:
· First, contact your airline to find out the rules and regulations they have on pet travel.
· Do not tranquilize your pet, as the effects of tranquilizers on animals at higher altitudes can be unpredictable.
· The Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has set up rules and regulations for the transportation of live animals, and your pet is required to be at least eight weeks old and fully weaned before traveling by air.
· Whenever possible, book a direct, nonstop flight and avoid holiday or weekend travel. Try to plan schedules that minimize temperature extremes.
· The kennel that you use must be sturdy, properly ventilated, and large enough for your pet to freely be able to stand, turn around and lie down.
· Get your pet comfortable with the kennel prior to flying; this reduces stress on your pet.
· Give your pet food and water within four hours before your flight. You will have to sign a certification of the time when you last offered food and water to your pet.
· Give yourself plenty of time for check-in so there is no rushing and everything is done properly