(Note that the train station is located on level 1 for both OBB & CAT trains. This level also leads to parking lot and garage. Level 0 is for bus & limo service (with inside Lost & found, baggage storage, lost baggage, and baggage claim.)
- The S-Bahn (subway) to Vienna's city center runs every half hour and takes 25 mins. Tickets machines are on the train platforms.
- The City Airport Train (CAT) runs non-stop to the City Air Terminal, which is only a 16-minute ride from St. Stephan's Cathedral, accessible by tram, subway, bus or taxi. A CAT counter for tickets is on the ground level, at left.
- Vienna Airport Lines connects Airport West with the main Vienna transport hubs.
- Regional buses run to Vienna Donauzentrum (Danube-center via Vienna Kaisermuhlen VIC) taking 40 mins; and to Westbahnhof (train station West) via Vienna-Dorfelstrasse & Meidling train station taking 45 mins.
Long-distance IC trains: The Airport railway station has been extended to serve IC long-distance trains - enabling passengers to reach the Airport 'from anywhere'. Every two hours 15 IC trains arrive /depart from Vienna Airport. Getting from St. Polten to the Airport takes 50 mins; from Linz only 50 mins. Local IC trains are to arrive/ depart twice an hour and cost 3.90 Euros.
NOTE: train tickts are 12 Euros (single); 19 (return); kids are free up to 14 years.
- Central Vienna departures to the Airport start 5:36am , leaving every 06 & 36 minutes past the hour thereafter until 23.006 (11:06pm)
- The City Air Terminal offers manned and self-service check-in kiosks, available 24 hours, until 75 minutes prior to scheduled departure.