Bristol Airport (BRS) is a commercial airport in North Somerset, UK. It serves Bristol, Somerset, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and North & West Wiltshire. BRS is the fifth-largest airport in the United Kingdom.
BRS airports situated in Lulsgate Bottom in North Somerset. It is 8 miles from central Bristol. It is also regarded as the ninth busiest UK airport. Bristol Airport offers direct and connecting flights to several domestic and international destinations.
Airport Stats and Facts
● BRS was called Bristol International Airport from 1997 to 2010.
● In 2018, Bristol Airport served 8.6 million passengers.
● Bristol airport is one of the top airports in the UK, according to Business Passengers.
● BRS has one main terminal that parks all commercial and chartered flights.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Passengers traveling to Bristol Airport should be aware of its peak times. BRS is busiest in the morning from 6:00 am to 7:00 am. Early evening hours may also experience sudden traffic surges.
- Passengers should ideally arrive at least 2 hours before their flight time. Arriving early makes the check-in process hassle-free.
- Passengers can view the BRS Airport Maps before checking-in for their flights.
- Passengers with a connecting flight should keep their boarding passes handy. They will undergo another round of screening at BRS.
Passenger Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- BRS provides various parking options for visitors. Visitors can park in the airport lots or even at off-site parking spaces. View the parking map here.
- If you’re here for dropping off a passenger, you can use the internal roadways.
- To access flight arrival information, you can visit BRS Airport Arrivals that offer details about arrival-times, gates, flight delays, etc.
- Information related to departures can be found at BRS Airport Departures. You can access arrival time information, delays, maps, and more.
- To book flights at affordable rates, book a flight from BRS at iFly.
Bristol Airport BRS has one primary terminal. The airport also has one runway. This runway is one of the shortest in the world at a mere 2,060 m. For further BRS-related information, please view the BRS Airport Terminal Map.
Bristol Airport serves several domestic and international airlines like British Airways, Brussels Airlines, WOW Air, KLM Airlines, Thomas Cook UK Airlines, and more.
Short-Term & Long-Term Parking
BRS offers many parking options for visitors. Depending upon their stay time, visitors can opt for short-stay, long-stay, premium, multi-story, express, or silver zone parking lots.
- If you’re looking to park for very little time or are here for just a pick-up, you can choose the short-stay parking lot.
- If you need to park overnight or longer, the long-stay, multi-story, and premium parking lots are a safer bet.
- If you’re here for dropping someone off, the Express Drop-Off zone is best suited for you.
- You can view the detailed BRS parking rates here.
Off-site parking is not very popular at Bristol Airport. Visitors mostly choose to park inside the airport’s premises due to the affordable parking rates.
Various ground transport options are available at Bristol Airport. BRS offers car rentals, airport shuttles, buses, and more. Passengers can also opt for cab services like Uber and Lyft.
Rental Car services are available at Bristol Airport. Some popular car rental providers are Hertz, National, Europcar, Enterprise, Avis, and more.
Shuttles run 24/7 along two routes. The first route is between the Silver Zone Parking and the Passenger Terminal, while the other route is between the Long-Stay Parking Lot and the Passenger Terminal.
Buses & Trains
Public transport is readily available from Bristol Airport. Buses and trains are the most common public transportations available at BRS airport.
- Bus services by Falcon Bus take you to five specific destinations.
- The Bristol Airport Flyer has buses that operate along Route 330 and 331.
- Bristol Temple Meads is the nearest train station from BRS airport
Amenities & Services
Bristol Airport provides several services and amenities to keep you entertained. These are:
- Bars and Restaurants
- Souvenir Shop
- Currency Exchange Depots
- Wi-Fi Services
- Duty-Free Outlets
Address: Bristol, SW England, BS48 3DY, GBR
Phone: +444871 334 4444
Bristol Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- In 1927, the current airport was a flying club owned by a few businessmen.
- During WWII, Bristol Airport (then, Whitchurch) was the main operational airbase.
- In 1941, this airfield was planned for RAF use.
- In 1955, the airport was sold to Bristol Corporation.
- From 1997 to 2010, BRS was known as Bristol International Airport.
- Finally, it was rebranded and given a new logo in 2010.