Flight Arrivals To Cape Town Airport (CPT)
Cape Town Airport is a bustling hub of activity, with an average of 300 daily arriving flights and over 10 million passengers passing through its doors each year. As one of the busiest airports in South Africa, it serves as a gateway to the stunning city of Cape Town and its surrounding areas. Whether you're arriving for business or pleasure, the airport offers a range of facilities and services to make your journey as smooth and comfortable as possible. In this article, we'll take a closer look at what you can expect when arriving at CPT, from baggage claim areas to immigration and customs procedures.
About CPT Flight Arrivals
On this CPT flight arrivals page, you will see a listing of all flights arriving to Cape Town Cape Town Airport. In addition to flight arrivals, you can also track the status of your flight with extensive filtering capabilities to get you the details you need, including departure/arrival times, terminal and gate number, aircraft type, aircraft altitude & airspeed, approximate time to land, distance to go, and a map showing the position of the airplane being tracked.
How to use our Cape Town Airport flight arrivals tool: There are several ways to display flight status results:
- Search "By Flight" if you know the airline & flight number;
- Search "By Route" if you know the origin and destination airport;
- See all Arrivals to any airport by changing the toggle to "Arrivals" in the By Airport search
Air Traveler ResourcesAs your hub for information about Cape Town Airport, iFly.com can help you get to, through, and between any airport in the world. Here are some links that can help you on your air travel journey:
- Are you a frequent flyer or traveling in business or first class? Then check out where the airline lounges are located.
- Wanna know which airlines are served by the airport? Check here.
- If you have some time before your flight's departure, be sure to grab a bite to eat, peruse the shops, or jump on the free wifi and get caught up on those emails.
- Planning a trip to the airport and confused about all the available parking options and costs? View locations and fees for all on-airport and off-airport parking.
- Remember that a great low-cost alternative to parking at the airport or taking a taxi is to use an airport shuttle service. You can find a list of providers here.
- Coming out of baggage claim with lots of checked luggage? The airport's got your back (and saving it). Baggage carts are located near the baggage carousels.
- Need to know which business services are available, such as copy machines, postal services, or even a notary? Check here.
Cape Town Airport has one main terminal building that handles both domestic and international flights. The terminal is divided into two levels, with domestic arrivals and departures on the lower level and international arrivals and departures on the upper level. The airport has various facilities such as restaurants, shops, and lounges for passengers to relax and enjoy while waiting for their flights.
Daily Arriving Flights
CPT Airport is one of the busiest airports in South Africa, with an average of 10 million passengers passing through it annually. The airport handles around 300 daily arriving flights, with an estimated 4 million passengers disembarking yearly. The airport serves as a hub for various airlines, including South African Airways, British Airways, and Emirates.
Arrival Procedures for Passengers
For domestic flight arrivals, passengers will proceed to the baggage claim area to collect their luggage before exiting the terminal. International passengers will proceed to immigration and customs clearance before collecting their luggage. Passengers are required to have a valid passport and visa (if applicable) for international flights. Customs regulations apply to all passengers, and it is essential to declare any goods that exceed the duty-free allowance. The airport has various immigration and customs officers to assist passengers with any queries or concerns.
Flight Arrival Statistics
The airport has a significant number of arriving flights every year. The airport handles an average of 10 million passengers annually, with over 80,000 flights arriving each year. Unfortunately, delayed arrivals are not uncommon, and passengers are advised to check the status of their flights before heading to the airport.
Baggage Claim Areas
CPT has several baggage claim areas, located in the arrivals hall. Passengers can easily find their baggage claim area by checking the flight information displays or asking airport staff. Luggage carts are available in the baggage claim areas for passengers to use free of charge. Additionally, there are baggage storage facilities available for those who need to store their luggage for a short period of time.
Checking Arrival Status
Passengers and those waiting for arriving passengers can check the status of flights online or by using the airport's flight information displays. The airport's website provides real-time information on flight arrivals and departures, including any delays or cancellations. Those waiting for arriving passengers can also track the flight's progress using flight tracking apps or by contacting the airline directly. It's always a good idea to confirm the arrival status of a flight before heading to the airport to avoid any unnecessary waiting time.
We hope you find this information useful for your arrival at Cape Town Airport. It is always a good idea to check directly with your airline for arriving flight information or at the airport information desk for the most current information. Safe travels!