Elmira/Corning Regional Airport is in Chemung County, New York, seven miles northwest of Elmira and eight miles east of Corning.
ELM is in the town of Big Flats but its mailing address is Horseheads, New York. The airport was formerly Elmira Regional Airport.
Airport Stats & Facts
- Situated just north of the Southern Tier Expressway (Interstate 86), the airport serves the Southern Tier of New York and Northern Tier of Pennsylvania with airline flights, general aviation, and glider activities.
- In 2016, the airport received a $40 million grant from the state for a major redesign.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Passengers are advised to arrive 3 hours before an international flight departure, and 2 hours before a domestic flight to account for any possible delays.
- Travelers shouldn’t be carrying any wrapped gifts in their luggage.
- Please take a look at the ELM Airport Map before visiting the airport for a flight.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- For picking up a passenger, visitors can wait in the cell phone lot, or use the parking option.
- Passengers can be dropped off outside the terminal.
- For arriving flights: Arriving flight status provides Elmira Corning Airport arrival times, gate information, time to land, and delays.
- For departing flights: Departing flights status shows actual vs scheduled departure, map tracking, departure times, flight delays, and gate information.
- To get the best fares book a flight at ELM Airport here.
Elmira Corning Airport has one main terminal.
To see the terminal location, and for more information, please refer to the ELM Airport Terminal Map here.
Elmira Corning Regional Airport serves two airlines - Delta Airlines and Allegiant.
Short-Term Parking is one of the most convenient options at ELM Airport.
0 - 15 min: Free
16 min - 1 hr: $1.00
Daily Max.: $10
Weekly Max.: $50
The Economy Lot is located on Progressive Drive, west of the main entrance. The lot is not staffed by an attendant, drivers will only be able to exit the lot by swiping a credit card.
For ground transportation, passengers have a variety of options to choose from, after arriving at the airport. The various options include buses, airport shuttles, etc. Many passengers also opt for ride services such as Taxis.
National car rental agencies are located next to the baggage claim area in the terminal, providing travelers with convenient options for ground transportation.
Buses & Trains
For all the major nearby locations, public transportation is one of the most economical options and is easily available outside the airport.
Taxis are one of the most convenient ways to travel from Elmira Corning Regional Airport. Taxi service is available located next to the baggage claim area in the terminal.
Amenities & Services
To help you have an amazing stay, Elmira Corning Airport provides visitors with different amenities and services including:
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars.
- Stores, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Massage bars, and shoe shine stations.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
Address: 276 Sing Sing Road, Horseheads, NY 14845 USA
Phone: (607) 739 5621 /fax 8539
Elmira Corning Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- In 2016 the airport received a $40 million grant from the state for a major redesign.
- The improvements aimed to increase airport passenger space, add two new jet bridges, 300 parking spaces, and a 3,000 square foot bar and restaurant. On November 2, 2018 Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that the renovations were complete.