St. Louis Airport was formerly known as Lambert - St. Louis International Airport. It is 14 miles (23 km) northwest of downtown St. Louis in unincorporated Saint Louis county between Berkeley and Bridgeton.
STL covers an area of 2,800 acres (1,133 ha). It is owned by the City of St. Louis and operated by the Saint Louis City Airport Commission. It is also connected to the Metrolink light rail. More info about STL can be found below..
Airport Stats & Facts
- Lambert Airport is the largest and the busiest airport in Missouri.
- STL has over 259 peak daily departures to 74 nonstop domestic and international locations.
- In 2019, the airport served more than 15 million passengers.
- STL Airport is busy during the morning hours between 5:00 am - 6:00 am.
- Passengers are advised to arrive 3 hours before an international flight departure and 2 hours before a domestic flight, to account for TSA security wait times and any possible delays.
- Please take a look at the St. Louis Airport map before heading to the airport for a flight.
- For Arriving Flight Status: Arrival flight status provides arrival times, time-to-land, delays, and gate information of the St Louis Lambert Airport.
- For Departing Flight Status: Departing flight status lists actual vs scheduled departure times, flight delays, map tracking, and STL gate info.
- To get the best fares at Lambert Airport, book a flight at STL here.
There are two Terminals and five concourses at St. Louis Airport. For additional information, and to see the terminal locations, please refer to the STL Airport terminal map.
This terminal was opened in 1956 and it has 4 concourses.
- Concourse A
- Concourse B
- Concourse C
- Concourse D
This terminal was opened in 1988 and it has 1 concourse.
- Concourse E
The various airlines served by St. Louis Airport include Air Choice One, Alaska Airlines, Cape Air, Delta Air Lines, Frontier Airlines, Southwest Airlines, plus more.
Short-Term and Long-Term Parking:
Parking at STL Airport is available at the terminal. There are several parking options at St. Luis Airport such as daily, hourly, long-term, etc.
Many parking lots offer affordable off-site parking near STL Airport. Most of the parking lots allow 24x7 access.
The passengers have various options for ground transport to their next destination, after arriving at the airport. Some of the transportation options include airport shuttles, car rentals, and buses. Also, many passengers utilize ride services like Lyft, taxis, and Uber.
Airport Car Rental
Car Rental can be easily availed at STL Airport. There are multiple car rental agencies onsite at the airport. Enterprise, Hertz, and other well-known car rental providers offer airport travelers a variety of vehicles to choose from.
Airport Shuttles are another great way to travel from St Louis Lambert Airport. You can get a ride to almost any nearby location with the availability of various shuttle services.
Buses & Trains
Public Transportation is available from the airport to all major areas nearby. The airport is connected to MetroLink's Red Line via stations at both the terminals. MetroLink lines provide direct or indirect service to downtown St. Louis, the Clayton area, and Illinois suburbs in St. Clair County. Also, 2 MetroBus lines are available at the Lambert Bus Port.
Amenities & Services
To make your stay enjoyable, St. Louis Airport provides travelers with different amenities and services including:
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars.
- Stores, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Shoeshine stations and massage bars.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the entire airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Currency exchange.
Address: 10701 Lambert International Blvd, Saint Louis, MO 63145, USA
Phone: (314) 890-1333 /426-8040
Have you lost an item at the airport? Lost & Found.
St. Louis Lambert Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- In 1930, the airport was officially christened Lambert-St. Louis Municipal Airport.
- In 1933, the first terminal building was opened.
- In 1971, the airport became Lambert-St. Louis International Airport.
- In 1982, December, an extension for Concourse C and Concourse D were completed.
- In 2012, Concourse C was opened after undergoing a renovation.
- In 2015, STL Airport released a new Five Year Strategic Plan.
- In 2016, renovations of Terminal 1 was completed.
- On September 7, 2016, the name of the airport was changed to St. Louis Lambert International Airport.
- In 2017, STL began to renovate four unused gates in Concourse D and renamed them as E gates.
- In July 2019, it was announced that Lambert would receive $5.29 million in infrastructure grants as part of $478 million in airport infrastructure grants awarded by the FAA.
STL Delta BSO office phone number?Left a book on the plane .
Asked by Jennifer Callen - Sat, 22 October
You can contact Delta at (800) 325-8224.
What gate does Lufthansa fly out of?
Asked by Kyle - Mon, 17 October
Lufthansa flies out of Terminal 2, Gate E29.
Where is Spirit Airline located in Lambert Airport?
Asked by Iona - Sat, 15 October
Spirit Airline is located in Terminal 1 Gate C30.
Does Lot B or Lot C offer a shuttle service? I have 3 bags and don’t want to have to walk much with my suitcases.
Asked by Christa - Mon, 3 October
Lot C offers a shuttle, Lot B is within walking distance of the airport.
What Terminal does Spirit fly out of?
Asked by Patricia Vancour - Thu, 29 September
Spirit is located in Terminal 1.
My wife cannot walk and needs a wheechair - how can I obtain a wheelchair to meet our cab with an attendant?
Asked by Dennis - Tue, 27 September
The best way to get a wheelchair is to make arrangements with your airlines when booking your flight.
Where can I get a receipt for parking?
Asked by Kristy - Thu, 15 September
You can contact the airport at (314) 890-1333 and they can get you to the correct place for a parking receipt.
What terminal is United Airlines in?
Asked by Michael Pratt - Tue, 13 September
United Airlines is located in Terminal 1.
If i want valet parking, how do I arrange that?
Asked by Katherine - Mon, 29 August
We didn't find Valet services currently available at this airport.
is Alaska airlines check in near American airlines check in?
Asked by Patricia Williams - Sun, 14 August
Yes, Alaska Airlines and American Airlines are both in Terminal 1 and use C gates.
Who do I contact if I can't find my bags?
Asked by Erica Truman - Mon, 8 August
You will need to contact your airlines directly with any lost baggage questions.
Does Frontier Airline flights depart from Terminal 1?
Asked by Kellee - Sat, 6 August
The domestic flights depart from Terminal 1.
Is there a cell phone lot for people awaiting arrivals for pickup?
Asked by bill jackson - Sun, 26 June
Yes, there are cell phone lots close to each terminal and once someone that is parking in that lot is notified their passenger is ready to be picked up they can be there within minutes. Please see the map for more details.
Where do I check-in at Lambert Airport for Lufthansa Airlines ?
Asked by Regi Drake - Thu, 23 June
Lufthansa typically uses Terminal 2 for check-in at Lambert Airport. There are some flights from this airline that are deemed codeshare flights and they will use Terminal 1.
What do you do to set up valet parking?
Asked by Brit - Thu, 26 May
We could not find valet parking available at the STL Airport.
Is there rapid covid testing?
Asked by Beth Harnetiaux - Thu, 19 May
No, COVID testing is not currently offered at this airport. However, there are many options in the surrounding area.
Can sandwiches be taken through the security check?
Asked by Terri - Mon, 9 May
Yes, sandwiches should be fine to take through the security check. Only liquids or gels need to be limited.
Can you get to the baggage carousel (from outside) if you're not flying and are just meeting someone to help them?
Asked by Mary Anne Cody - Wed, 20 April
Yes, baggage claim is located before security. Therefore, anyone can go to the baggage claim area.
From Terminal 1, what door would I exit to find the Ride Share (Uber) pick up area?
Asked by Jim - Fri, 1 April
I missed my flight on Saturday 03/12/22 after having Checked my bag. Who do I contact?
Asked by Sonda Thompson - Mon, 14 March
Please contact your airline directly regarding lost luggage. Good luck!
Does Spirit Airlines depart from Terminal 1?
Asked by Robert - Fri, 25 February
Yes, Spirit Airlines departs from Terminal 1.
Can food and beverages be carried onto the flight?
Asked by Deborah - Sun, 23 January
Any food and beverages bought past security can be carried into your flight. Before security, any liquids or gels less than or equal to 3.4oz/100 ml are allowed.
Which terminal does spirit airline use?
Asked by stacy - Wed, 19 January
Spirit does not have one defined Terminal at this airport. Check with Spirit about which Terminal your flight will depart from.
Who has my delayed Delta delayed luggage? How will I get it back?
Asked by Susan Stauder - Wed, 29 December
Please contact Delta directly for any delayed or lost baggage. Good luck!
In which terminal is gate E41 located in?
Asked by Jennifer Laub - Mon, 27 December
What terminal does Spirit fly into?
Asked by Penny Brown - Sun, 21 November
Spirit does not have an assigned Terminal at this airport. It can change, so it is best to check with the airline.
Does this airport have wheelchair service?
Asked by Linda Krewet - Thu, 18 November
Can you tell me which daily parking lot is closest to Terminal 2?
Asked by leslie - Fri, 12 November
The closest to Terminal 2 is Lot E located at 9887 Air Cargo Rd, Berkeley, MO 63134
Are the parking lots well identified, like lot name, aisle #, slot #, etc to assist with finding a car?
Asked by Don Overstreet - Fri, 12 November
Yes. Also, the lots are not very big so finding your vehicle should be rather easy.
What terminal does Spirit Airlines use?
Asked by Mary - Thu, 11 November