Louis Armstrong New Orleans Airport is an international airport under Class B airspace in Kenner, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, United States. It is owned by the City of New Orleans. MSY is 11 miles (18 km) west of downtown New Orleans. The airport covers an area of 1,500 acres (607 ha).
More information about the airport can be found below.
Maps, Airlines & Amenities
New Orleans Louis Armstrong Airport (MSY) Terminals
Airport Stats & Facts
- New Orleans Airport is the second lowest-lying international airport in the world.
- In 2018, MSY served more than 18 million passengers.
- A new terminal was opened at the airport in 2019, and its construction cost was $1.3 billion.
Airport Traveling Tips
- The busy hours of MSY Airport are in the morning between 6:00 am - 7:00 am and in the afternoon between 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm.
- Passengers are advised to arrive 3 hours before an international flight and 2 hours before a domestic flight to account for TSA security wait times and any possible delays.
- Please take a look at the Airport map, before heading to the airport for a flight.
MSY Flight Status
- For Arriving Flights: Arriving flight status provides New Orleans Airport arrival times, delays, time-to-land, and gate information.
- For Departing Flights: Departing flight status lists actual vs scheduled departure times, flight delays, map tracking, and MSY Airport gate info.
- To get the best fares, book a flight here at MSY Airport.
MSY Airport Terminals
Currently, the airport has one terminal on the north side of the airfield, and it was opened in November 2019. It has 3 levels (1,2, and 3) and 3 concourses (A, B, and C) with 35 gates. For additional information, and to see the terminal location, please refer to the New Orleans Airport Map.
This level is used for Arrivals and Baggage Claim.
TSA Security Screening takes place on Level 2.
Departures and Ticketing area are on Level 3.
Concourse A - 6 Gates
Concourse B - 14 Gates
Concourse C - 15 Gates
Louis Armstrong Airport serves various airlines including Southwest Airlines, JetBlue, Frontier Airlines, Spirit Airlines, American Eagle, United Airlines, Air Canada Express, and more.
View the full list of airlines served at MSY Airport.
Short-Term and Long-Term Parking:
Parking at MSY Airport is available at the terminal. From hourly to daily to long-term parking, there are various parking options at New Orleans Airport.
There are many parking lots that offer economical off-site airport parking. Most of the off-site parking lots allow 24x7 access.
After arriving at the airport, passengers have several options for ground transportation to their next destination. You can choose among the various options including buses, car rentals, airport shuttles, etc. Also, many passengers utilize ride services like Uber, Lyft, and Taxis.
Airport Shuttle Services are a great way to travel from Louis Armstrong Airport. You can get a ride to almost any nearby location with the availability of various shuttle services.
Car Rentals are fairly convenient. There are many car rental agencies onsite at the airport. Some of the well-known car rental providers like Hertz, Enterprise, National, and many more, offer the passengers a large variety of vehicles to choose from.
Buses & Trains
Public Transportation is also easily available from the airport to all major nearby areas. Bus service between the airport and downtown New Orleans is provided by New Orleans Regional Transit Authority Airport Express Route 202 and Jefferson Transit bus E-2.
Amenities & Services
To help you have a wonderful stay, Louis Armstrong Airport provides visitors with many different amenities and services including:
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars.
- Shoeshine stations and massage bars.
- Stores, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the entire airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Currency exchange.
Address: 900 Airline Dr. Kenner, LA 70062, USA
Phone: (504) 303 7500
Have you lost an item at the airport? Lost & Found.
Louis Armstrong Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- Originally, the airport was named Moisant Field after daredevil aviator John Moisant.
- On September 19, 1947, the airport was shut down as it was submerged under 2 feet of water.
- In April 1957, the Official Airline Guide (OAG) listed 74 weekly departures.
- In 1961, the airport’s name was changed to New Orleans International Airport.
- In July 2001, to honor the 100th anniversary of Louis Armstrong’s birth, the airport’s name became Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport.
- In 2005, MSY re-opened commercial flights.
- In 2006, the New Orleans Aviation Board approved an air service initiative to promote increased service to MSY Airport.
- In 2014, the airport served more than 9 million passengers.
- In 2015, the New Orleans Aviation Board along with the Mayor of New Orleans and City Council approved a plan to build a new terminal building.
- In March 2017, the Board voted to add an expansion to the new terminal complex.
- The facility was finally opened on November 6, 2019.
We have 8 hours to waste until our flight departs, is there anyplace to store our luggage?
Asked by Laurie - Sun, 16 October
No, this airport doesn't offer a place to store luggage.
Where is the currency and exchange office located in the airport?
Asked by Waion - Thu, 22 September
There are ATMs available at this airport but no currency and exchange office.
If I want to park in long term parking, do I need a reservation?
Asked by Michael - Sun, 18 September
No, you don't need a reservation for parking.
Are there curbside check-in for Frontier Airlines?
Asked by Laura Jenkins - Mon, 5 September
Frontier Airlines doesn't offer curbside check-in at this time.
Are the rental car shuttles handicap accessible?
Asked by Kate - Wed, 31 August
If you are in need of handicap assistance with the shuttle they ask that you call (615) 318-3108 before you arrive.
How do I make reservations at one of on site parking facilities?
Asked by SUZANNE - Fri, 12 August
You don't need a reservation for the parking options at this airport.
Where is economy parking garage?
Asked by dot - Fri, 12 August
The economy parking garage is located at 900 Airline Drive, Kenner, LA 70062 and other is a shuttle available from the garage to the airport.
My delayed bag arrived today on Delta, but they left it in the baggage claim. How do I contact them to get it delivered?
Asked by Charla - Wed, 10 August
You can contact Delta at 1-800-221-1212.
What gates does Alaska Air fly out of?
Asked by Adrian - Thu, 28 July
Alaska Air flies out of Concourse C, Gate C3.
Will the car rental center have luggage carts to help load up the cars for those with a lot of baggage?
Asked by Taman - Fri, 8 July
It isn't mentioned if there are luggage carts available, but you can contact the rental car facilities at (615) 318-3108 with any questions.
Where is the Southwest terminal?
Asked by Tonya Montgomery - Mon, 4 July
Southwest is located in the Main Terminal and Check-In is on Level 3.
Does the airport have a chapel?
Asked by Ahmad - Tue, 21 June
The MSY Airport doesn't currently have a chapel. There is a meditation room on Level 2 of the Terminal if you need a quiet space to reflect during your travels.
What is the phone number to speak to someone regarding delayed luggage?
Asked by Tabitha Raggio - Tue, 21 June
If you are calling during business hours (between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM) on Monday-Friday you will call (504) 303-7790. If it is after those hours or on the weekend you will need to call (504) 303-7700.
Is there a link to find on site available parking today?
Asked by Joe - Mon, 23 May
The airport's website has a page here that shows you how many spots are available in each parking area.
Are there seats to sit in at the Southwest Airlines luggage pick up?
Asked by Brenda - Sat, 30 April
Yes, there are benches located in baggage claim and throughout the airport.
Can we store our bags somewhere while we wait to check in?
Asked by David - Sat, 30 April
There is not currently baggage storage services available at this airport.
Terminal data is out of date. MSY no longer uses the terminal shown on this site for flights.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Armstrong_New_Orleans_International_Airport#Former_terminal
Asked by Asd - Fri, 29 April
What is the street address of the airport?
Asked by Rita M James - Thu, 28 April
The airport's address is: 1 Terminal Dr, Kenner, LA 70062.
Where is the Breeze Airlines check in counter located?
Asked by Van - Tue, 5 April
Breeze Airlines operates out of Concourse A. Go to the Departures area of Concourse A to find the check-in counter.
What time does Delta start working?
Asked by Lydia - Sun, 3 April
Airline ticket counter opening times can really vary day to day depending on when flights are departing. We suggest contacting Delta directly to ask what time your ticket counter opens for your flight.
Checking to see if an Driver's License was turned in.
Asked by Michael - Fri, 25 March
For lost items, you should contact the Customer Service Office at (504) 303-7790.
Where is baggage claim?
Asked by Carol Rossignol - Wed, 16 March
Baggage claim is located on level 1 of the terminal.
Is there a cell phone lot?
Asked by CHARLES G DELCOURE - Sun, 27 February
Yes, there is. It's located at 724 Hollandey St, Kenner, LA 70062, US
If I’m flying in on AA and my friend is on Delta….where can we meet so that we can share a cab to our hotel?
Asked by Sharon - Sat, 26 February
American Airlines flies into Concourse A and Delta flies into Concourse B. However, all Concourses meet in the Main Terminal so you should be able to meet at Baggage Claim on Level 1.
Does this airport have a Sunday Catholic mass?
Asked by Giselle - Sun, 13 February
This airport does not have a Sunday Catholic mass ceremony.