Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport MSY, is named in honor of New Orleans native son’s 100th birthday. Year-round the Airport is gateway to the area's businesses and the convention and tourist industry. Louis Armstrong Airport is back from the ashes - better than ever! It makes traveling to the Big Easy - well - easy. Typically, New Orleans Airport is hassle-free, but during Mardi Gras, when the city is inundated with tourists, airport officials recommend that passengers arrive at the airport at least two hours before departure time. By year-end 2014 passenger counts have already exceeded pre-Katrina counts and continued rising thereafter!
MSY Airport is located on Airport Road in the town of Kenner, in Jefferson Parish, Lousiana, and approximately 11 miles from central New Orleans, and directly accessible from Interstate Hwy 10 and from US 61 E Airline Hwy, Williams Blvd 49, and Veterans Memorial Blvd.
With three runways and 11.1 million yearly passenger in 2016, Louis Armstrong International is served by major US & Canadian airlines (low-fare Southwest being the dominant one), offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
- Choice Aire /operated by XTRA Airways started flights to San Pedro Sula (Honduras.
- British Airways added flights to London
- Southwest offers 2017 seasonal one weekly departure to Indianapolis and Pittsburgh
- Condor offers 2 weekly seasonal flights to Frankfurt (Germany)
- JetBlue offers 4 weekly flights to Fort Lauderdale
- Vacation Express offers service to Grand Bahama Island
- GLO, a New Orleans-based public charter operator started service to Little Rock, Memphis & Shreveport.
Current Airlines, their telephone numbers and Concourses:
- Air Canada, 888-247-2262; Conc. D
- Alaska, 800-564-5669; Conc. C
- Allegiant, 702-505-8888; Conc. C
- American, 800-433-7300; Conc. C
- British Airways, 800-247-9297; Conc. C
- Condor, www.condor.com; Conc. C
- Copa, 800-359-2672; Conc. C
- Delta, 800-221-1212, Conc C &D
- Frontier, 800-432-1359; Conc. C
- JetBlue, 800-538-2583; Conc. C
- Southwest, 800-435-9792, Conc. B
- GLO, 855-435-9456; Conc.B
- Spirit, 801-401-2222; Conc. C
- United, 800-241-6522; Conc. C &D
- Vacation Express, 800-309-4717; Conc. C.
The on-Airport Hilton Hotel (tel. 504-469-5000 is across from the Parking Garages on 901 Airline Drive.
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport has one passenger terminal - divided into East & West Terminals. (For detailed terminal information open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the text; for Parking information open 'Parking Map'; for transportation open 'Transportation: Buses /Trains'.
NOTE: In case of an emergency - please use tel. 504-464-2700 instead of 911!
Future Airport Developments: Construction started early 2016 on the new North Terminal Project - replacing the old terminal built in 1959. The new Terminal is to have an in-line baggage system and a consolidated security checkpoint - enabling passengers to flow quickly through 17 lanes and proceed to either of the two connected concourses with 35 airline gates. All stores & restaurants will be at post-security. There will also be a new access road, a multi-level parking garage, new surface parking, a transportation staging area & a central utility plant. Completetion is scheduled for October 1, 2018 to coincide with New Orleans' tri-centennial celebrations.