We are flying from Trinidad to Charlotte NC via Miami [more]Ghdj 12/16/2017
Distance from North Terminal Gate D2 to Terminal CE Gate E6
How long does it take to get from one to the other? W [more]TH 12/14/2017
Houston to Miami 1 hour then Miami to Belize
American Airlines both legs, Is one hour layover enou [more]Shipwrecklounge 12/13/2017
Connection flight in 2 hours?
Hi. I am coming from Paris and going to Lima by Miami [more]SS 12/13/2017
MIA Airport is only nine miles northwest of Miami, accessible via Interstate Highway 95 South (exit: State Road 112).
With four long runways and 44.6 million passengers in 2016, Miami Airport is a major hub for American Airlines, and is host to a multitude of domestic and international airlines and charters offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. What's more, the Airport serves close to half a million passengers each week with destinations on the North and South American Continent and Europe.
By year-end 2016 MIA was served by 109 carriers - the most of any US airport; and the 12-month period ending June 7, 2017 added 'the largest gain of 10 new international routes among all U.S. Airports'.
Miami Airport is the first one in the world implementing fast-track to clear customs with mobile passport screening. Passengers (currently only U.S. & Canada visitors) may complete customs form online before landing. This info is saved and passengers is screened for future use. (Family members can also be added).
New scheduled flights:
- AirBerlin is now offfering year-round service to Berlin, Germany
- Eurowings low-cost carrier is offering flights to Cologne, Germany
- SAS serves Oslo (Norway) and Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Volaris offers dailly Airbus A320 flights to Guadalajara, Mexico.
- WOW Air, a low-cost carrier, started service to Reykjavik, Iceland
- Aer Lingus started with 3 weekly flight to Dublin, Ireland
- El Al starts service to Tel Aviv by November 1, 2017.
The on-airport Miami International Airport Hotel has conference rooms on Concourse E, level 7 (305-871-4100).
Miami Airport has three terminals - the North, Central & South terminals . Note that its 'Hall of Aviation' opened late March 2017 (rotating its exhibits every 18 - 24 months) is located at the South Terminal's level 4 mezzanine. (For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the detailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transportation open 'Transport'/ 'Buses, Trains'.)
Miami Airport's Post-Hurricane Irma update as of Sept. 13, 2017: There were 158 arrivals, 100 departures; with 526 flights canceled. Full flight operations are now back by all airlines. The Rental Car Center is open, but as of Sept 13, Metrobus service at the Airport runs on limited schedule (but may run now). Taxis and Transport Network companies resumed service; For current updates open Twitter @iflymia.
Present & Future Airport Developments:
- By Fall 2017 (under the Sustainability Project) $32M of installations of air conditioning & ventilation upgrades and other environmentally beneficial changes will be in place to drasticallly reduce carbon emissions
- By 2018, a new baggage screening system is to double current speed & is intended to replace the manual system of Central Terminal, while the current automated system of South Terminal will be renovated - creating one interconnected system with 12 new X-ray spectroscopy (EDS) machines. The project also includes new post-security corridors linking Concourses G & H, while the North Terminal's gates are to be retrofitted for the new jets (later, this may also be done in the Central Terminal).
- It is planned to renovate the end of Concourse H to handle international flights of the large A380 aircraft. Added elevators & stairs will take passengers to the third level of the concourse, construct access points to present sterile areas, and Federal Inspection Service facilities at South Concourse for Customs /Immigration checkpoints. Gates H15/16 are being modified. Holding rooms will be extended, concession areas relocated & expanded and the current level 3 corridor converted into a sterile corridor. No starting or completion dates are yet available.