Enough time to connect
I have only a 49 minute time period to get from my LA [more]DRZ 05/17/2018
domestic to international flight
I am flying from Austin TX to Miami FL via American A [more]Liz 05/16/2018
from orlando to miami
Hi I have a question, i am flying from orlando to Mia [more]Purdey 05/14/2018
Domestic to International flight
I am looking into a flight from LA to Miami, then Mia [more]GM 05/10/2018
MIA Airport is only nine miles northwest of Miami, accessible via Interstate Highway 95 South (exit: State Road 112).
With four long runways and over 45 million passengers served, Miami Airport is a major hub for American Airlines, and is host to a multitude of domestic and international airlines and charters offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe. What's more, the Airport serves close to half a million passengers each week with destinations on the North and South American Continent and Europe.
Miami Airport is served by over 100 carriers - the most of any US airport.
Miami Airport has three terminals - the North, Central & South terminals . Note that its 'Hall of Aviation' opened late March 2017 (rotating its exhibits every 18 - 24 months) is located at the South Terminal's level 4 mezzanine. (For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the detailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transportation open 'Transport'/ 'Buses, Trains'.)
New scheduled flights:
- AirBerlin is now offfering year-round service to Berlin, Germany
- Eurowings low-cost carrier is offering flights to Cologne, Germany
- SAS serves Oslo (Norway) and Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Volaris offers dailly Airbus A320 flights to Guadalajara, Mexico.
- WOW Air, a low-cost carrier, started service to Reykjavik, Iceland
- Aer Lingus started with 3 weekly flight to Dublin, Ireland
- El Al started service to Tel Aviv November, 2017.
The on-airport Miami International Airport Hotel has conference rooms on Concourse E, level 7 (305-871-4100).
Present & Future Airport Developments:
- By 2018, a new baggage screening system is to double current speed & is intended to replace the manual system of Central Terminal, while the current automated system of South Terminal will be renovated - creating one interconnected system with 12 new X-ray spectroscopy (EDS) machines. The project also includes new post-security corridors linking Concourses G & H, while the North Terminal's gates are to be retrofitted for the new jets (later, this may also be done in the Central Terminal).
- It is planned to renovate the end of Concourse H to handle international flights of the large A380 aircraft. Added elevators & stairs will take passengers to the third level of the concourse, construct access points to present sterile areas, and Federal Inspection Service facilities at South Concourse for Customs /Immigration checkpoints. Gates H15/16 are being modified. Holding rooms will be extended, concession areas relocated & expanded and the current level 3 corridor converted into a sterile corridor. No starting or completion dates are yet available.