Airport Maps & Terminal Guide
Miami Airport layout, Getting Around at MIA (Skyride Connector, elevated Skytrain, MIA Mover, Miami Metrorail, APCs,Mobile Passport, International A, International Arrivals, TSA security checkpoints, nursing mothers stations, indoor pet relief areas; TERMINAL DETAILS (North, Central & South Terminals & Concourses); VIP /Airline lounges; Where to find your Airline services; and cruise line counter locations.
The Passenger Terminal Complex at Miami Airport consists of three connected terminals, arranged in a semi-circle & surrounding the parking areas: The North Terminal with Concourse D & Customs facilities; the Central Terminal with Concourses E, F & G ; and the South Terminal with Concourses H & J (all gates are on level 2). Each of the Terminals' Concourses serves specific airlines.
More detailed information for getting around MIA can be found below.
Maps, Airlines & Amenities
Miami Airport (MIA) Terminals
Getting Around at MIA:- Skyride Connector is a moving walkway on level 3, connecting all terminals (with 4 stops inside Concourse D) and parking areas.
- Elevated Skytrain at North Terminal services the 1-mile-long Concourse D, with 4 stations between east and west Gates D17 & D46 and completing its route within 5 minutes.
- MIA Mover is a 1.25-mile-long elevated people mover system connecting passengers from the airport to the rental car center.
- Miami Metrorail: The quickest and most economical way to get to areas between Palmetto, Earlington Heights and Dadeland South, is by taking the Miami Metrorail: The new Miami Airport Metrorail Station's Orange line connects at Earlington Heights to the Green line heading north to Palmetto - while both Orange and Green lines proceed south to Dadeland South.
- APCs (Automated Passport Control kiosks) can be used by U.S. citizens & its green-card holders, by Canadian citizens, by passengers with only carry-on bags, and by passengers of all visa waiver countries - speeding up waiting time.
- Mobile Passport (http://mobilepassport.us) - CBP (Customs) mobile app for iOS & Android devices enables passengers to enter & submit passport & customs declaration info by using their smartphone or tablet. Eligible are U.S. citizens & Canadian citizens with both valid passport & B1 or B2 visa status.
- International Arrivals from Concourses D, E & F are being processed in the North Terminal's new 3-level Arrivals Facility. Its passport control hall has 72 processing lanes, able to handle 2,000 travelers/ hour; is also houses 30 passport control kiosks (APCs) for passengers who are US & Canadian citizens or citizens of visa-waiver countries. Six lanes and 12 Global Entry kiosks are specifically designed for Global Entry program members. Level 2 houses 5 baggage claim carousels - with access to Sky Train on either side, connecting to all other gates. The first level has a large greeting lobby. U.S. Customs & Immigration areas are located at (a) South Terminal J (exit a level 3, or if transferring to another flight take elevator to level 2); and b) at North Terminal D (exit at level 1, or if transferring to another flight take elevator to level 2). ).
- International Arrivals at South Terminal will be processed at Arrivals J. Unless you have gone through US customs clearance by participating airports, you need to go through passport check, retrieve checked bags, go through customs clearance and - if transferring to another flight - re-check-in bag on level 2, from which you can then connect to your next flight.
- TSA Security Checkpoints: Concourse D Checkpoint 4 (serving mainly passengers of American Airlines at Concourses D & E) opens during the rush hours between 8-10am and 6-8pm. Concourse D's checkpoint 2 is exclusively for TSA Pre-check passengers.
- 'MIAmamas' for Nursing Mothers are located on each of MIA’s concourses ( two at Concourse D, one a Concourse E Satellite.
- Indoor Pet Relief Areas (SARA): The first of 4 opened at post-security, Gate D-34 (there are also 3 outdoor facilities)
TERMINAL DETAILS: ('Food Truck Fridays' is located across from Park 8 entrance, at the corner of NW 22 Street & Permeter Road.)
The North Terminal houses Concourse D and baggage claim 21-27 and is the hub for Latin America & the Caribbean. The North Terminal Market Place (between gates D26-D28) currently offers: 305 Pizza; Cuban Crafters cigars; Fig & Fennel; Half Moon Empanadas; Miami Marlins merchandise; Maru & Friends (collectible porcelain dolls by award-winning artist); Estefan Kitchen Express (healthy grab-and-go Cuban classics) with full-service Bortran Rum Mojito Bar; My Ceviche' seafood deli; and soon 'Chefs of the Caribbean'.
Concourse D (1-mile-long) is served by American & American Eagle. It houses gates D1-D60 (level 2), served by the Skytrain on its roof with four stations, running between the east and west Gates - completing its route within 5 minutes:
- Skytrain Station 1 stops near gate D17 at eastern-most end of the Conourse and serves gates D1-19.
- Skytrain Station 2 stops between gates D20-25 - with access to domestic baggage claim.
- Skytrain Station 3 serves gates D26-39 (Admirals Club is at D30), passport control, exit to Central/South Terminals; and gates E1-35 of Central Terminal (with walkway to gates E10-30).
- Skytrain Station 4 serves gates D40-60, and the new Regional Commuter Facility with 2 concourse level gates and covered outdoor walkways to 12 lower-level gates for American Eagle.
The Central Terminal houses Concourses E, F & G (F in center), and has corresponding baggage claims 14, 15,19 for E; 10, 11 for F; and 12, 13 for G.
Concourse E with gates E2-E33 houses gates E2-E11 (reached from level 2), and satellite gates E20-33, reached by train from level 4 of the Central Terminal. near Gate E-5 is the new children's play area. Concourse E houses Airberlin, American, British, Iberia, InterJet, Qatar,
Concourse F with gates F1-F23 -reached from level 2 of the Central Terminal- houses the following airlines: Aer Lingus, Aeroflot, Air Europa, Avior, BOA Bolivia, BOA, Cayman Airways, Eurowings, Finnair, Miami Air, PAWA Dominicana, SBA S3, Sun Country, Surinam, Swift, TAP Portugal, Thomas Cook, TUfly, Virgin Atlantic, Volaris, WestJet, World Atlantic, XL Airways France & Xtra Airways.
Concourse G with gates G1-19 -reached from level 2 of the Central Terminal -houses on level 2. Concourse G houses Aruba, Bahamasair, Frontier, United & WOW Air.
The South Terminal houses Concourses H & J (H at right, J at left) with baggage claims 5 - 8 for H, and 1 - 4 for J arrivals. A new 'virtual reality passenger assistant, named Leticia gives passengers information regarding the 60 shops, restaurants & services.
Concourse H with gates H3-17(reached from level 2), houses gates H3-17. NOTE: Concourse H is to be prepared to handle international flights of large A380 aircraft. Concourse H houses Aerolineas Argentinas, AeroMexico, Air France, Delta, KLM, and Turkish airlines.
Concourse J houses gates J2-J18 (reached from level 2). International Arrivals at South Terminal will be processed at Arrivals J. Concouse J houses Air Canada, Alitalia, Austrian, Avianca, Caribbean, Copa, El Al, LATAM, Lufthansa, SAS, Swiss, and VivaColombia.
VIP Clubs & Lounges available at:- MIA Hotel, at level 7: the Executive Conference Center.
- North Terminal:
Concourse D: American Airlines Admirals Club at gates D16 (Skytrain station 1) & D30 (Skytrain station 3). American Express Centurion Lounge at gate D12, (Skytrain station 1).
- Central Terminal:
Concourse E, pre-security: Military Hospitality Lounge on level 2; and Executive Conference Center, level 7 of MIA hotel;
Concourse E, post-security: Premium Lounge (AA, BA, IB) on level 5;
Concourse F, pre-security: Consular Lounge on level 2; post-security: Club America F at level 3;
- South Terminal:
Concourse H, post-security: Delta Sky Club on level 4.
Concourse J, post-security: (a) LATAM's VIP Lounge at gate J5; (b) Avianca's new 5,618 sq.foot VIP Lounge with shower facilities, ftee WiFi, children's play area, power outlets, business center, & work stations - available to LifeMiles Gold & Diamond Elite members, Star Alliance Gold Status holders, Priority Pass members & Business-class passengers.
Major Cruise lines counter location: Carnival D, H; Celebrity D, H; Norwegian Cruise Lines G; Royal Caribbean D, J.