- At Int'l Terminal: Public transit, pre-arranged vans & charter service.
- At T1: Airporters, Shared Ride vans, taxis, TNCs (Uber, Lyft...), limos, charters, hotel courtesy shuttles, SFO long-trm parking shuttles; off-airport parking shuttles.
- At T2: Shared Ride vans, taxis, TNCs (Uber, Lyft...), limos, charters, hotel courtesy shuttles, SFO long-trm parking shuttles.
- At T3: Airporters only
BART Rapid Rail (tel. 510-465-2278 or visit: www.bart.gov) serves directly northern San Mateo County, San Francisco, and the East Bay. The SFO BART Station is at the International Terminal's Departures/Ticketing level - at Boarding Area G side. (If arriving at either Terminals 1, 2 or 3 - take the free inter-terminal AirTrain to Garage G/ Bart Station stop.) BART tickets can be purchased at the SFO BART Station - or in advance (but can only be redeemd at SF Information booth located in the International Terminal G-side, near the AirTrain escalator, during hours 8:30am-10:30pm daily). BART offers connection to Caltrain at Millbrae Station; however, before 9:05pm on weekdays, passengers must change BART trains at BART's San Bruno station. Buy BART bouchers in advance - open: http://arestravel.com/attraction/single/7401/199. Bouchers can only be redeemed at SFO's Info booth at International Terminal's G-side, near AirTrain escalator, between 8:30am & 10:30pm daily.
Caltrain Commuter Rail: BART connects the Airport to the Caltrain rail system at Milbrae Station - with Caltrain connections there to either San Francisco or San Jose. Caltrain also offers weekday commuter-hour service to Gilroy; however, before 9:05 pm on weekdays passengers must change BART trains at its San Bruno station. Express trains during commuter hours on weekdays serve only select stations.
SamTrans Public Buses offer 24-hour sevice between SFO and San Mateo County, as well as parts of San Francisco (For SamTrans information, call 1-800-660-4287, or visit www.samtrans.com):
- Routes KX, 292 & 397 & 398 stop directly at the terminals and run 24/7. Routes 292 & 397 also stop on North McDonnel Road at the Airport Business Center and West Field Road.
- Routes 140, 292 & 397 stop at the Rental Car Center and the United Airlines Maintenance Center.
- Route 399 is a 1-year pilot program, running up to Aug. 2018 - it runs during night time beween Daly City and C ourtyard A.
SamTrans buses stop at:
- International Terminal 1: at level 1, Courtyard A, and at curbside next to Courtyard G;
- Terminal 2: at Arrivals /Baggage Claim level, at center island next to Courtyard 2;
- Terminal 3: at Arrivals /Baggage Claim level, at curbside - adjacent to Courtyard 4.