Tulsa Airport is a civil-military airport operated by the Tulsa Airport Authority. Originally, it was named Tulsa Municipal Airport and got its present name in 1963.
TUL airport is located 5 miles (8 km) northeast of downtown Tulsa, in Tulsa County, Oklahoma. The airport has three paved runways and covers an area of 4,360 acres (1,764 ha).
Airport Stats & Facts
- The first terminal building at TUL was a one-story wood and tar paper structure that looked like a warehouse.
- In 2015, the renovations and upgrades were completed at concourse A.
- In 2019, Tulsa Airport served more than 3 million passengers.
- As of December 31, 2019, the airport had 92,620 aircraft operations, an average of 253 per day.
Airport Traveling Tips
- Passengers are recommended to arrive 2 hours before a domestic flight departure, and at least 3 hours before an international flight departure, to account for any possible delays and TSA security wait times.
- Travelers should confirm their airline’s check-in procedure prior to coming to the airport.
- Suitcases should be properly labeled on the exterior and interior of the bag with the passenger’s name and cell phone number.
- All passengers (other than minors) are required to present a government-issued photo ID. International travelers of any age must have a passport and other required documents.
- Before heading to the airport to board a flight, please go through the TUL Airport Map.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- For pick up, the visitors can wait for the passengers in the cell phone lot, which has over 60 spaces of free parking. Or, they can use the short-term parking that is accessible from the main garage entrance by following the signs to the third level.
- If passengers are ready to be picked up and there’s no waiting required, vehicles can load the passengers at the curbs.
- Passengers can be dropped off outside the appropriate terminal from where their flight has to depart.
- For arriving flights: For up-to-date information about the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the Tulsa Airport check the arrival flight status.
- For departing flights: Departing flight status lists scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays.
- To get the best fares, book a flight at TUL here.
Tulsa International Airport has one main terminal with two Concourses - A and B.
There are 11 departure gates, A1 through A11.
Opened in 2012, Concourse B has 10 gates.
For more information, and to see the terminal location please refer to the TUL Airport Map here.
Tulsa International Airport serves various airlines including Allegiant Air Frontier Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and many more.
View the full list of airlines served at TUL Airport.
Tulsa offers spacious and short term & long term parking lots for its visitors.
The garage or covered parking has more than 2,300 parking spaces. It is one of the closest parking options at the airport.
The Economy Lot is nearest to the terminal. The rate for parking for a day in this lot is $8.
Just at a short distance from the baggage claim, hourly parking is located on the third level.
First 30 minutes rate: $1
Per hour rate: $2
Max. rate: $12
Passengers have plenty of options for ground transportation after arriving at the airport. From public transport to private transport to rental cars, and more, they can choose according to their requirements.
One of the most convenient and economical options to travel from TUL Airport is via buses or trains. A Tulsa Transit can be taken to the OSU-Tulsa campus. Also, Pelivan Transit operates shuttles in northeast Oklahoma.
Passengers can choose from a variety of car rental agencies present at the airport. Some of the well-known providers include Alamo, Thrifty, Hertz, Budget, etc.
Taxis are located curbside outside between the baggage claim areas. Fares may vary taking into account different factors such as the distance of the destination, luggage, and more.
Amenities & Services
Tulsa Airport provides a myriad of amenities and services for visitors to have a wonderful time at the airport including:
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Store, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Vending machines, and banks/ATMs.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
Address: 7777 E Apache St, Tulsa, OK 74115, USA
Contact: [email protected]
Phone: (918) 838 5000
Tulsa Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- On July 3, 1928, Tulsa International Airport was opened.
- In 1929, it was named Tulsa Municipal Airport.
- In February 1930, TUL handled 7,373 passengers.
- In 1932 the city opened a more elegant Art Deco terminal topped with a control tower.
- In 1940, the 138th Fighter Wing of the Air National Guard was organized at the Tulsa Airport.
- In 1946 American Airlines acquired two former Air Force hangars to start a maintenance and engineering base at Tulsa Airport.
- In 1998, The Tulsa Air and Space Museum (TASM) was established.
- In 2006, the museum added the James E. Bertelsmeyer Tulsa planetarium.
- On 28 February, 2020, American Airlines announced an investment of half a billion US dollars for the MRO base.