Travelling from Manchester England to Orlando via Atl [more]amanda 10/15/2018
I am flying in from New Orleans into Terminal S for D [more]BD 10/02/2018
Connecting from Virgin to Delta at
Hi I am flying from the UK on Virgin connecting on t [more]David 09/25/2018
INTERNATION DEPARTURE FROM DOMESTIC TERMINAL??
We are flying ATL-YQB early morning. Can we check lu [more]MLR 09/20/2018
- In July 2017 the Air Transport Research Society ATRS awarded Atlanta Airport (among airports of its size) the 'Global Efficiency Excellence Award for the 14th year in a row! JD Power ranked it as number 8 in customer satisfaction; and late 2015, Atlanta Airport became the first U.S. airport to earn the ISO 50001:2001accreditation on sustainability.
- Atlanta Airport is the first U.S. airport to participate in the 'Smart Security' project - by which it will be able to obtain vital data and increase efficiency.
Atlanta Airport is a few miles south of the Atlanta's business district, accessible directly from Camp Creek Pkwy., and indirectly from I-285, exit 2; To get to the Domestic Terminal (on I-85/75 southbound through downtown Atlanta), use exit 242 ; to get to the International Terminal use and I-75, exit 239. ATL is also directly accessible via the MARTA's Red/Gold rail line.
Note that with the opening of intersection Riverdale Rd./ Airport Blvd., a new span of roadway now connects Terminal Pkwy to the southern end of Airport Blvd, with access point from Riverdale Rd at the existing signal-controlled intersection (the location of the monument sign). Drivers on Riverdale Rd. coming from I-85 will get plenty of notice before approaching Airport entrance.
Entrances to the Airport from I-85 south at Exit 72, I-85 north at Exit 71, Loop Rd and Camp Creek Pkwy will remain the same.
With five runways and 104.2 million passengers in 2016, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport is primary hub for Delta Air Lines, and is served by countless U.S. & foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
IMPORTANT NOTICES: As security checkpoint lines at times are very long, it is recommended that on busy days (morning hours & holidays) passengers arrive at the airport more than two hours (and at peak travel times 2.5 hrs) ahead of international flight departure, and 90 minutes before domestic departures.
- TSA & American Airlines together implemented a new screening technology with automated security screening lanes (ASCL) & CT scanners - reducing security screening time by nearly 30 percent. While ASCLs will be installed at American Airline hubs of ORD, DFW, LAX & MIA - Phoenix AP will start its pilot program late 2016, and after successful completion the other four airports will have them installed.
- Clear now offers the latest biometric screening service.
- Eligible passengers may use the MPC (Mobile Passport Control) app, which can be downloaded free from Apple APP or Google Play Stores, or over the Airport's free WiFi system.
- The Customer Service can be reached at: 1-800-897-1910 / fax 1-404-530-7384.
- Prior to leaving your house to catch your flight- take the following steps:
- Contact your airline 72 hours prior to scheduled departure to confirm your flight, as non-confirmation empowers your airline to cancel your reservation.
- Make sure that your name on the passport matches the name on the ticket.
- Five steps from check-in to boarding using technology:
- If taveling with handbag only: check in at home online with your airline; on Arrival at the Airport proceed directly to security control;
- Attach baggage tag to your checked bag, then proceed to baggage drop machine (look at screens for location) using the scanner to scan your bags.
- At E-Gates past security control - scan your boarding pass and proceed to security control.
- Passengers heading to a non-Schengen destination or foreign airports, use the Passport scanner: put passport into the scanner and stand on marked spot for camera view. Remove first glasses, hat, while photo is taken.
- At the boarding gate use the e-boarding kiosk: place boarding pass onto scanner, then proceed to board your plane.
- To prevent the spread of the Zika virus, the Department of Public Health (DPH) requested Atlanta Airport's concessionaires to stock up on EPA-registered insect repellent
- While Southwest ticket counters are in Terminal North (part of the Domestic Terminal), it operates out of Concourse C.
- The 'Spirit of Atlanta' Video screen will/has been replaced by passenger information, while its mural will display digitally on video screen.
- A new 4-star Hotel & Conference Center with 440 rooms will be built ('steps from the Domestic Terminal ') - part of a mixed-use development project which is to include a conference center & 50,000 sq.feet of office space.
- The new Renaissance Hotel (a Marriott subsidary) with 204 rooms opened May 2017 - connected to the main terminal by SkyTrain service - includes 4 meeting rooms, a ball room, expansive outdoor spaces, fitness center, and the Hickory & Hazel Southern Table & Bar retaurant.
Atlanta International Airport has two Main Terminals: Domestic Terminal (TD) and Maynard Jackson International Terminal . For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the detailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transportation open 'Transport'/ 'Buses, Trains'.
Current and future Airport developments:
- Work started in June 2016 on Atlanta Airport's new $6B, 20-year capital improvement program which is to include: terminal upgrades (2016-2018), passenger transit facilities (2016-2027), Concourse T expansion (2016-2021), new Concourse G (by 2023), Concourse D extension (2019-2025), as well as a sixth runway, cargo structure, and a 4-star 400-room hotel with a travel plaza; and a cargo building.
- An onsite 'Green Acres Energy Park is to repurpose/ reprocess /recycle up to 90 percent of the Airport's solid waste.
- A 22-passenger electric shuttle bus is to operate continuously 14 hours/day - rechargeable by means of a conductive charging station.