Hi, Flying in from Jamaica into Atlanta landing at 17 [more]Jamie Collings 33 min ago
Short connection time from domestic to international
On july 21, we are travelling from dallas to lagos bu [more]AA 19 hr ago
Curbsiee unloading Baby / Parking
Arriving at airport, i want to unload baby/stroller/w [more]Justin 06/15/2019
Domestic to Domestic flight question with checked bags
In a few weeks I have a connecting flight in Atlanta [more]SethB 06/13/2019
Atlanta Airport Overview
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport ATL serves the U.S. State of Georgia's Fulton & Clayton Counties and the City of Atlanta. Presently, it is the world's largest & busiest airport - a major transfer point for flights to/from smaller US cities, and an international gateway to/from the United States. ATL is equipped to handle triple simultaneous landings, offering over 200 nonstop destinations, a third of which are international ones.
- Atlanta Airport is the first U.S. airport to participate in the 'Smart Security' project - by which it will be able to obtain vital data and increase efficiency.
- Atlanta Airport Awards
- 2017 - Awarded Air Transport Research Society ATRS Global Efficiency Excellence Award for the 14th year in a row
- 2017 - Ranked #8 by JD Power for Customer Satisfaction
- 2015 - Atlanta Airport first airport to earn ISO 50001:2001 accreditation on sustainability.
Atlanta Airport Facts & Stats
Atlanta Airport has been the busiest airport in the world, serving over 150 U.S. destinations and more than 75 international destinations. The airport averages 275,000 passengers per day, with 2,700 arrivals and departures daily.
Atlanta Airport is a few miles south of Atlanta's business district, accessible directly from Camp Creek Pkwy., and indirectly from I-285, exit 2; To get to the Domestic Terminal (on I-85/75 southbound through downtown Atlanta), use exit 242; to get to the International Terminal and I-75, use exit 239. ATL is also directly accessible via the MARTA's Red/Gold rail line.
Note: A new span of roadway now connects Terminal Parkway to the southern end of Airport Blvd., with access from Riverdale Road at the existing signal-controlled intersection.
Drivers on Riverdale Rd. coming from I-85 will get plenty of notice before approaching Airport entrance. Entrances to the Airport from I-85 south at Exit 72, I-85 north at Exit 71, Loop Rd and Camp Creek Pkwy will remain the same.
With five runways and 104.2 million passengers in 2016, Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport is the primary hub for Delta Air Lines, and is served by countless U.S. & foreign airlines offering direct and connecting flights to all points of the globe.
Important Notices: As security checkpoint lines at times are very long, it is recommended that on busy days (morning hours & holidays) passengers arrive at the airport more than two hours (and at peak travel times 2.5 hrs) ahead of international flight departure, and 90 minutes before domestic departures.
- TSA & American Airlines together implemented a new screening technology with automated security screening lanes (ASCL) & CT scanners - reducing security screening time by nearly 30 percent. .
- Clear now offers the latest biometric screening service.
- Eligible passengers may use the MPC (Mobile Passport Control) app, which can be downloaded free from Apple APP or Google Play Stores, or over the Airport's free WiFi system.
- Customer Service can be reached at: 1-800-897-1910 / fax 1-404-530-7384.
- Prior to leaving your house to catch your flight- take the following steps:
- Contact your airline 72 hours prior to scheduled departure to confirm your flight, as non-confirmation empowers your airline to cancel your reservation.
- Make sure that your name on the passport matches the name on the ticket.
Five steps from check-in to boarding using technology:
- If traveling with handbag only: check in at home online with your airline; on Arrival at the Airport proceed directly to security control;
- Attach baggage tag to your checked bag, then proceed to baggage drop machine (look at screens for location) using the scanner to scan your bags.
- At E-Gates past security control - scan your boarding pass and proceed to security control.
- Passengers heading to a non-Schengen destination or foreign airports, use the Passport scanner: put passport into the scanner and stand on marked spot for camera view. Remove first glasses, hat, while photo is taken.
- At the boarding gate use the e-boarding kiosk: place boarding pass onto scanner, then proceed to board your plane.
Atlanta International Airport has two Main Terminals: Domestic Terminal (TD) and Maynard Jackson International Terminal . For terminal details open 'Terminal Map' and scroll down to the detailed text; for Parking facilities and fees open 'Parking Map'; for Transportation open 'Transport'/ 'Buses, Trains'.
Airport Recent News
- Domestic pickup area has been moved closer to Terminal North. Passengers can access the new area by exiting the Lower North doors, LN1, and follow the marked path. South Rideshare and International Terminal pickup areas will remain in their current locations.
- Work started in June 2016 on Atlanta Airport's new $6B, 20-year capital improvement program which is to include: terminal upgrades (2016-2018), passenger transit facilities (2016-2027), Concourse T expansion (2016-2021), new Concourse G (by 2023), Concourse D extension (2019-2025), as well as a sixth runway, cargo structure, and a 4-star 400-room hotel with a travel plaza; and a cargo building.
- An onsite 'Green Acres Energy Park is to repurpose/ reprocess /recycle up to 90 percent of the Airport's solid waste.
- A 22-passenger electric shuttle bus is to operate continuously 14 hours/day - rechargeable by means of a conductive charging station.