Myrtle Beach International Airport is a county-owned public-use airport in the United States. It is operated by the Horry County Department of Airports.
MYR is located three nautical miles (6 km) southwest of the central business district of Myrtle Beach, in Horry County, South Carolina, United States.
Airport Stats & Facts
- Myrtle Beach International Airport covers an area of 3,795 acres (1,536 ha).
- For 2017-2021, The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems categorized MYR as a small-hub primary commercial service facility.
- Myrtle Beach International Airport is the second-busiest airport in South Carolina.
- In 2019, the airport served more than 2 million passengers.
Airport Traveling Tips
- If connecting to an international flight, passengers are advised to arrive 3 hours before the departure time, and for a domestic flight, 2 hours before the departure.
- Before heading to the airport for a flight, please have a look at the MYR Airport map.
- To ensure a smooth check-in process, passengers should pack carry-on luggage in a suitable manner, have photo ID ready, and read all the airline guidelines properly prior to arriving at the airport.
Passenger Pickup and Drop-off
- If you are planning to pick up a traveler at MYR, use the free Cell Phone Parking Lot located off Jetport Road or utilize the Short Term Lot if you wish to meet your passenger inside.
- For dropping off a passenger at Myrtle Beach International Airport, curbside drop off is available for quick exits or drivers can park in the Short Term Lot to see your traveler off to the security checkpoint.
- For arriving flights: Arrival flight status provides the arrival times, gate information, delays, and time to land for the Myrtle Beach Airport.
- For departing flights: Departing flight status lists scheduled vs actual departure, gate information, map tracking, and flight delays.
- To get the best fares, book a flight at MYR here.
Myrtle Beach International Airport has one main terminal. Navigating it really easy. From simple parking options, straightforward ticketing and an efficient security check area to easily accessible gates, a streamlined baggage claim area, and convenient transportation options, every step of the travel is optimized to provide a great customer experience.
For more information, please refer to the MYR Terminal Map here.
The various airlines served at Myrtle Beach International Airport include Spirit Airlines, Delta Air Lines, American Eagle, and more.
View the full list of airlines served at MYR here.
The Short Term Parking lot is located directly across from the Terminal Building, offering the shortest walk to the terminal. The lot is the last left turn before the drop-off area.
First 15 minutes - Free
$15 per day
Long Term Parking is accessible for passengers at the second left turn on the entrance road to the terminal.
$12 per day
There are two credit-card only Economy lots. One is a right turn entry from Jetport Road and the other is across from the Rental Car Facility. A free golf cart shuttle is available to and from the Economy Lots.
$10 per day
There are many ways passengers can get from Myrtle Beach International Airport. From rental cars to public transport to taxi, plus more, travelers can choose among a variety of options available after arriving at the airport.
A short walk from the Terminal Building, the Rental Car Center features a counter open late with eight national rental car companies to meet the travel needs. With options from Economy to Full-Size SUV, passengers are sure to find a car to fit your budget and crew.
Taxis are conveniently located outside of Door 6 at Baggage Claim and are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. For prearranged pickups, Taxis can be met in the short-term parking lot.
A public bus with routes running around the Grand Strand, including a stop at MYR, operates daily from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m. Coast RTA’s Route 15S picks up passengers at the bus stop on Jetport Road.
Amenities & Services
For visitors to have a great stay, MYR Airport provides a myriad of amenities and services including:
- Store, gift shops, and local souvenir shops.
- Restaurants, bars, and cafes.
- Shoeshine stations, and massage bars.
- Free Wi-Fi internet throughout the airport.
- Multiple art installations and exhibits on display.
- Vending machines, and banks/ATMs.
Address: 1100 Jetport Road, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577, USA
Phone: (843) 448 1589 /fax 626-9096
Myrtle Beach Airport: A Brief History Timeline
- The airport and terminal was constructed in 1975 and opened in 1976.
- On April 20, 1977, an agreement between the City of Myrtle Beach and the U.S. Department of Defense was signed, which incorporated the area of Myrtle Beach Airport into the city.
- In the 1980s, the airport was served by Piedmont Airlines mainline aircraft and by Delta and Eastern commuter aircraft.
- In 1993, the Air Force closed the base as a result of BRAC 1991. The runway and other portions of the former military flight line were then turned over to the Horry County Department of Airports.
- In 2006, AirTran Airways discontinued its service to Atlanta; it was the fourth-largest airline serving Myrtle Beach International at the time.
- On March 18, 2021 it was announced that airport officials clarified the airport's immediate future plans by saying that a presentation showing the expansion of terminals as well as parking lots was just a long term concept and is not currently part of the facility's near future.
Q: What cities can I fly from Myrtle Beach International Airport?
A: You can fly to many cities from Myrtle Beach International Airport Airport. Please have a look at our direct flights page to see where you can fly.
Q: Is there any pet relief area at Myrtle Beach International Airport?
A: Yes. MYR is a friendly facility with relief areas located outside Door 6 on the lower level & upstairs in Concourse B. Owners should clean up after pets.
Q: Who do I need to contact if I need to get a wheelchair at Myrtle Beach International Airport?
A: Please contact your airline to arrange for wheelchair assistance throughout the duration of your travel journey. If you require immediate assistance upon arriving at MYR, Superior Aircraft Services is a dedicated porter service with team members available to assist passengers curbside.