Your Guide to Airlines Serving Detroit Metropolitan Airport
Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW) is a major hub for air travel in the Midwest, serving over 140 destinations across the globe. With over 1,200 daily flights, DTW is one of the busiest airports in the United States. Major air carriers serving DTW include Delta Air Lines, Spirit Airlines, and American Airlines.
Delta Air Lines
Delta Air Lines is the largest carrier at DTW, offering over 500 daily flights to more than 120 destinations worldwide. Delta operates out of the McNamara Terminal, which is known for its sleek design and modern amenities. Delta's hub at DTW provides convenient connections to cities throughout the United States, as well as destinations in Europe, Asia, and South America.
Spirit Airlines is a low-cost carrier that operates out of the North Terminal at DTW. Spirit offers nonstop flights to over 20 destinations, including popular vacation spots like Las Vegas, Orlando, and Fort Lauderdale. While Spirit's fares are often lower than other airlines, passengers should be aware of additional fees for things like carry-on bags and seat assignments.
American Airlines operates out of both the McNamara and North Terminals at DTW, offering nonstop flights to over 30 destinations. American's hub at DTW provides convenient connections to cities throughout the United States, as well as destinations in Europe and Asia. American also offers a variety of amenities for passengers, including Admirals Club lounges and priority boarding for elite members.
Note that the above information can change at any time. See a complete list of airlines served, including terminal locations below:
Air Traveler ResourcesThanks for visiting the Airlines Served page - scroll down for the list of airlines serving DTW. As your hub for information about Detroit Metropolitian Airport, iFly.com can help you get to, through, and between any airport in the world. Here are some links that can help you on your air travel journey:
- Be sure to know how long you will need to wait at the security checkpoint closest to your gate.
- If you have some time before your flight's departure, be sure to grab a bite, peruse the shops, or jump on the free wifi and get caught up on those emails.
- Are you a frequent flyer or traveling in business or first class? Then check out where the DTW airline lounges are located.
- If your flight is arriving from another city and you need a quick way to get to your destination, give a call to one of these taxi or limo service providers.
- Lose something while in the terminal area? Find the contact info you need for lost & found here.